Cascading Waters can be found at 135 Olean Street on the eastern edge of Worcester's northwest parklands, the Cascades. The Cascades are 350 acres of park and conservation lands along the borders of Worcester, Paxton, and Holden, Massachusetts. Home to countless species of plants and animals, the Cascades are open to passive recreation year-round.

Thursday, July 09, 2009

Campers!

We just saw the first campers of the season. I didn't catch where they were from: mostly girls, in a van. On seeing me outside, one of them asked, "Do you live here?" When I said I did, she asked, with horror, "Isn't it scary?"
Umm, no, not really. But there's a girl who needs some more time outside!

At 9 am, it was 56.8 degrees and falling (that's unusual)
88% humidity and steady
30.15 inches of mercury and steady
No rain last night (!)
Cascades are still running nicely.

And for those of you who are wondering? The fire danger is LOW.

1 comment:

Tina Z said...

I thought I heard kids voices coming from the Cascades as we were leaving today . . . this might explain it!