Cascading Waters can be found at 135 Olean Street on the eastern edge of Worcester's northwest parklands, the Cascades. The Cascades are 350 acres of park and conservation lands along the borders of Worcester, Paxton, and Holden, Massachusetts. Home to countless species of plants and animals, the Cascades are open to passive recreation year-round.

Thursday, March 20, 2008

Hawk sighting

This just in from Caretaker at the Lodge:
"I was walking up from Olean Street after fetching the paper when my eyes caught a big white swoop in front of and before me. The full sized hawk went about ten feet over my head and swooped up to land in a branch some 12-15 feet up in a tree. He had noted me as he went by and turned nonchalantly to watch me pass directly underneath him. It didn't phase him in the least. He did not have a strongly "red" tail. Once in the Lodge I watched him swoop low above the front lawn before landing in a tree over by the Cascades Trail to look for unsuspecting birds, mice, etc. It was pretty wild to have such a large bird moving by so close. After last night's skunk and looking out over the very green carpet of moss out front I cannot help but feel that nature is waking up to the fact that this is the vernal equinox and spring is here!"

No comments: