Cascading Waters can be found at 135 Olean Street on the eastern edge of Worcester's northwest parklands, the Cascades. The Cascades are 350 acres of park and conservation lands along the borders of Worcester, Paxton, and Holden, Massachusetts. Home to countless species of plants and animals, the Cascades are open to passive recreation year-round.

Saturday, May 16, 2015

Guest Post - Writing Award Winner

This year's Worcester Public Schools Outstanding Student Writers Pre-K - Grade 12 included a piece that we liked a lot and want to share with folks:

The Time I Was Lost In The Woods
by Andrew Suyer
West Tatnuck School * Grade 3

It all started on a great day to take a hike. There was a hiking trail on Cataract Street. That's where my cousins live. We were going to my school, West Tatnuck School. My cousins came too. We were having an awesome time hiking. Then all of a sudden we were lost. We didn't even notice. I looked around. I saw trees and rocks. There was painting on them to show the way. I went to look on the other side of the rocks. "OMG!!!" There it was. It was the trail. We got back on track. We finished the hike. I felt proud of myself. Everybody else did to.

No comments: