Cascading Waters can be found at 135 Olean Street on the eastern edge of Worcester's northwest parklands, the Cascades. The Cascades are 350 acres of park and conservation lands along the borders of Worcester, Paxton, and Holden, Massachusetts. Home to countless species of plants and animals, the Cascades are open to passive recreation year-round.

Monday, January 10, 2011

Busy

Just as I headed out now with a basket of laundry,* the resident red-tailed hawk swooped low over the house. I suspect he's keeping an eye on the birdfeeders.
And a little woodpecker (a downy, I think) cheeped away at me, between banging on a tree, the whole time I was outside.

*for you skeptics out there: yes, it's entirely possible to dry laundry outside when it's (just) 32. The trick is that there's wind.

No comments: