Cascading Waters can be found at 135 Olean Street on the eastern edge of Worcester's northwest parklands, the Cascades. The Cascades are 350 acres of park and conservation lands along the borders of Worcester, Paxton, and Holden, Massachusetts. Home to countless species of plants and animals, the Cascades are open to passive recreation year-round.

Monday, August 30, 2010

Fox on Goddard Memorial Drive


This was an honest-to-goodness Jeff Barnard Wormtown Fleet moment. Heading up and over Airport Hill from Main Street to Tatnuck Square, what do I see on the side of the road but this guy? A young fox, just standing there, staring into the weeds by the side of the road! A closer look (after I took this, I pulled around the median again to to get a closer look, but he ran off before I got a closer photo) revealed that his eyes were all squinted up, as if he wasn't well somehow. I don't think he was rabid--he was together enough to run from the car--but he was a bit dazed.
Anyway, Jeff, you may have forgotten your camera today, but I didn't!

2 comments:

Claudia Snell said...

There's something you don't see very often. I hope he was just displaced from his sleeping spot and not sick. Poor little guy.

Pink Granite said...

Good eye!
I too hope he's OK. Living in the city can be quite a challenge for many creatures.